Re: New input driver for eBeam device (ask for review)

Hi,

Le 26/07/2012 00:35, Greg KH a écrit :
>> /*******************************************************************************
>>  * sysfs part
>>  */
>> DEVICE_MINMAX_ATTR(min_x);
>> DEVICE_MINMAX_ATTR(max_x);
>> DEVICE_MINMAX_ATTR(min_y);
>> DEVICE_MINMAX_ATTR(max_y);
>
> What are all of these custom sysfs files for?  Are they needed?  Who
> reads them?  Shouldn't all of this be handled through the input layer
> instead?

And there's 9 others...

This driver need lot of calibration data (13 values including 9 long long) from
user space, provided via a dedicated app, so yes, they are needed.

The alternative could be to use one sysfs file to pass all the data in a fixed
format (less flexibility) and a parser in the kernel side.
Is that a better solution ?

> You should also post this on the linux-input mailing list, the
> developers there can help you out with how it should be integrated into
> that subsystem.

Will do so, but for now, this is mainly the usb and irq parts that freaks me :)

thanks,
--
Yann Cantin
A4FEB47F