Re: usb sound issue ...

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 08:31:08PM +0200, Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> Dear Sarah,
> dear Andiry,
> I kindly want to re-rise my question though being quite sure that both of you
> are busy, not waiting for extra efforts to come along.
>
> If you do not find to dig any deepter into this I will keep the solution that
> had had been provided by Andiry, however, I think it is not more than a
> plaster.
>
> _If_ you find the time to look into, please advise on how to test further.
> Thank both of you very much for your time,
> take care

Hi Dr. Jurzitza,

Can you compile a custom kernel with command cancellation support?  I
think that will fix your issue.

You can checkout the code by running:

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sarah/xhci.git -b for-usb-next-set-addr

Please send me dmesg with xHCI debugging turned on, whether it works or
not.  I'd like to confirm that the command cancellation code was the fix
that helped, or if it's not working, why.

Sarah Sharp