Re: qmi wwan interface does not work in this version 3.5.rc7.next.20120720

[sorry for sending this twice to you Thomas. Bad app defaults
made me enter the linux-usb list manually, and bad keyboard
made me get it wrong]

"Thomas Schäfer" <tschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>with
>
>http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/linux-
>next/standard/x86_64/kernel-vanilla-3.5.rc7.next.20120720-1.1.x86_64.rpm
>
>No one of my sticks works in qmi/wwan mode anymore. The modules seems
>to be
>loaded, option and qmi_wwan, but the dial-in-skripts do nothing.
>While removing the stick, the system crashes.

Do you have more details about this crash? netconsole is very useful if
you can connect by ethernet to another pc.

>May be it is a merge problem of the different trees, or some thing
>went
>wrong.

Something must definitely have gone wrong. I am on vacation with no
real keyboard, like always when this happens... Could I ask you to
collect
as much information as possible until I have a chance to look at it? A
git bisect session would be very useful. At least we need to know what
the latest working version you have tested is.

Bjørn