Re: Kernel tracing options with USB subsystem

Hi Greg,

When it comes to embedded device cases, I feel that the options are just left with debug messages. It becomes really difficult to debug some SMP specific issues, thread deadlocks etc. I felt that, using trace events, we could effectively log some of those specific data without the penalty of compromising latency which happens with printks.

usbmon is perfect, but USB-centric. The background behind my queries was that, is there someway we could trace out whats happening in the USB which also contains the kernel information, like the cpu%d it is running, the task context etc.

I am fairly new to linux, so please correct me if I got my understanding wrong :)

Many Thanks,
~Bala