Re: Regarding usb 2.0 synopsys otg controller status

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 03:55:43PM +0530, rajeev k wrote:
> Resending the mail as it fails to deliver to the mailing list.
>
> Hello Balbi,
>
>  I am using synopsys usb 2.0 otg driver written by Tirumala Marri <
> tmarri@xxxxxxx>.
>
> The driver is too bulky, and it  can be modified for the ease. The driver
> has capability to work both in dma as well as slave mode.
>

> Why I am writing this mail because I am not seeing any development activity
> for this. Is this driver no more in existence.
>
> If I want to float some patches on this controller in order to stabilize
> the same, will it get reviewed and be considered for mainline inclusion..

There were over 17 rounds of review to that driver so I killed it in
favor of generalizing the samsung s3c_hsotg driver. Samsung exynos
platform uses the dwc usb2 2.0 otg controller, so the same driver can be
used.

The samsung folks have been working a lot towards that goal, but they
need help. Wanna take the challenge ? It should end up with a similar
design as drivers/usb/dwc3/, meaning the core driver is instantiated and
re-used multiple times if necessary.

--
balbi