Re: Problems with ASMedia ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host

Hello Sarah, Hello Alan,

just to describe what I experienced on the ASM1402

On 17.07.2012 22:22, Alan Stern wrote:
> The events in the email message mentioned above did not involve a race.
> It's clear that no data got transferred at all, and yet usbmon reported
> actual_length equal to transfer_buffer_length when the tranfer was
> cancelled.

That sounds similar to what I see with the ASM1042:

What I did was this:
- I committed an URB (IN transfer) asking for 0x4000 bytes
- Device sends 0x2FFE bytes (last packet contains 1022 byte == short packet)
- Somtimes I cannot reap the URB, because it seems the URB never gets completed.

So there is no race in this case; the URB should be just completed normally by the short packet, but
sometimes this does not seem to happen.

I wanted to use an USB3.0 Super Speed analyzer to see what actually is happening on the wires, but
unfortunately my SuperSpeed Tranceivers in my device seem to have burned out :-(.

So it will take me at least until next week to get a new device to check this.

so long
  Ingo