usb-next EHCI improvements success report

Hi Alan,

I've been investigating a problem with UVC webcams on the XO-1 laptop
(CS5536 EHCI).

Running webcam apps, especially guvcview, was killing the entire USB
bus more often than not ("failed EHCI handshake, HC died, giving up"
or similar). Reproduced on 3.5-rc7 and throughout various old kernel
versions too.

I see you've been investigating similar issues and posted 25 EHCI
patches to usb-next. I pulled that in on top of 3.5-rc7 and it now
seems to be working reliably. Thanks!

It is not perfect: we have an internal USB wifi device on the same
bus, and starting the webcam sometimes (not always) causes the
wireless module to die. However, this module has always been a bit
unreliable so we have an automatic reset routine implemented as a
result. So it resets and comes right back, and then both camera and
wifi seem to work fine.

Maybe at some point we can debug that small issue and see if something
can be done. For now though, your patches are a major improvement -
thanks for rescuing these USB microscopes on the XO-1!

Daniel