Logitech USB keyboard arbitrarily gets unresponsive

Dear Linux folks,

an USB Logitech keyboard

    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 046d:c30f Logitech, Inc. Logicool HID-Compliant Keyboard (106 key)

arbitrarily gets unresponsive on my system and stays this way.

I am working in X and suddenly nothing entered to the keyboard has an
effect. I cannot switch to a virtual terminal with Ctrl + Alt + F<n>, n
∈ ℕ, but the LEDs of the keyboard are still lighted. The USB mouse keeps
working though.

After plugging it out and back in it works again.

The distribution is Debian Sid/unstable with Linux 3.2 and it happened
with two mainboards, the ASUS M2A-VM [1] and ASRock A780FullHD [2].

I also build the latest Linux from Git (ff826b2) with
`CONFIG_USB_DEBUG=y` set and it happened with it too. Unfortunately
nothing was logged to (n)either the Linux kernel ring buffer (`dmesg`)
(n)or `/var/log/Xorg.0.log`.

Unfortunately I also do not have a way to reproduce this. If you have
some debugging hints for me, I would be able to log into the system over
SSH, when this happens again.

One last observation, if I remember correctly the monitor went to
standby once after this had happened and I had not replugged it yet to
see if it comes back. If I did not accidentally moved the mouse, hitting
a key on the keyboard did bring the monitor out of standby. So some
signals still seem to be send.

Any debugging tips are much appreciated!

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Paul

[1] http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2AVM/
[2] http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=a780fullhd