Re: needs XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk?

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> To clarify things a bit, I have a xHCI controlled chip.  That chip
> is ID'ed: 1849:7023.  It runs USB 3.0 and has a blue connector.
>
> The xHCI'ed chip is connected, using a USB 3.0 cable to an external
> 4 port USB 3.0 hub.  3 of the hub's USB 3.0 ports have blue USB 3.0
> connectors.  The reamining 1 of the hub's USB 3.0 ports is connected
> internal to the hub to a USB 2.0 hub (black connectors).

Sarah, how common is that sort of thing?  Are USB-3 hubs allowed to
have USB-2 ports?

> My test case involves three sub-tests.
>
> plugging a USB 2.0 (High Speed) headset into:
>
> 1. a USB 2.0 port on the hub.
>
> 2. a USB 3.0 port on the hub.
>
> 3. directly in to the mobo USB 3.0 port.
>
> Is that clear?  Do you suspect I have misused any terms?

Very clear, thank you.  And all the terms are used correctly.

It sounds as if Sarah would like you to see what happens when the
headset is connected to an EHCI controller.  Since you don't have such
a controller on this computer, you would have to use a different
computer.

Alan Stern