Re: ZTE Surfstick LTE 4G MF821D

Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> in Germany O2 sells  "ZTE Surfstick LTE 4G MF8212D".
>
> Is this device already tested with the wwan-driver?
>
> Some google-hits say this device has ID 19d2:0167,
>
> but 19d2:0167 points to  /* ZTE MF820D */ in qmi_wwan.c.
>
> Is it useful to buy/test this device to confirm that the device is
> supported?

I believe Marius (CCed) has had some mixed results with that device.

There are parts of the QMI <-> firmware interaction we don't understand,
and this device could be one of those affected.  Seems like quite a few
devices will crash unless you send them the exact QMI commands they
expect.  I just found out that another ZTE device which I had previously
given up as crashing, the MF60, works just fine if you send it a QMI_CTL
0x0020 (set instance id) command first.

The MF820D was added to the qmi_wwan driver after a very brief
verification of the QMI support.  It is not well tested yet, and any
success or failure is interesting.

But I am not asking you to run and buy anything :-)

Bjørn