Re: Break point not hit while debugging linux kernel with kgdb

Hello Sergei,

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Sergei Shtylyov <sshtylyov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Yeah, KGDB was accepted into kernel exactly for more "poorly fixed
> patches" to appear. :-)

I was under the impression that maintainers would never recommend
kgdb, so never learned to use it.
If you could guide me and Prasanna on how to use kgdb that would be
helpful :). If you were saying it sarcastically, then i failed to
understand it . :P.

>> You have to use gdbserver
>   gdbserver is only good for debugging the applications.

I never knew that..!.

--
Regards,
Anil Nair