Re: looking for kickstart advice for CP2112, usb-i2c bridge

On 2012-05-28, at 10:25 PM, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Mon, 28 May 2012, [iso-8859-1] Jean-François Dagenais wrote:
>
>> On 2012-05-28, at 11:55 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
>>>
>>> If an input report is not available over the interrupt-in endpoint
>>> (which would be a violantion of the HID spec) then you have no choice
>>> but to poll it.
>>
>> Which seems to be the case based on the fact it's "feature request in". So that
>> would mean I would have to "CPU-poll-it" to see if it changes, right? This
>> pretty much kills the idea of declaring the GPIOs as source of interrupts then.
>
> Seems that way.  Unless there's also an input report that tells you
> when a GPIO changes state.

There isn't.

So unfortunately the lack of such a feature in this chip has made it's use less
attractive to us and thus we are most likely abandoning this path in favour of
another implementation. So I won't be working on this driver project after all.

Alan, thanks for your patience and guidance. See you around!
Cheers.
/jfd--