Re: Device Enumeration Failure

Hi Gerhard,

I looked at the dmesg and lsusb output, your touchscreen is being
detected prior sleep, but post-sleep the device disappears no error
also indicating the touchscreen. Also you mentioned something about
turned off (power state D2) can you specify what it is? Also can you
decode the working of the windows 7 driver so that we can replicate
the same working in Linux. Can you try manually suspending the
touchscreen and resuming it, the details for that can be found on
Linux kernel source Documentation/usb/power-management.txt

/sys/bus/usb/devices# echo 2 > 1-2/power/autosuspend

Here, 1-2 represents the USB bus address for that device which can be
found out by using lsusb.
The number 2 represent the timeout.

The timeout can be set to any integer number of seconds. If set to -1,
the device will not autosuspend. Then we make sure the kernel will
automatically suspend the device, and resume the device if data needs
to be transferred:

/sys/bus/usb/devices# echo auto > 1-2/power/level

Other options to echo to this file are "on" and "suspend":

    "on" will force the device to be on all the time.
    "suspend" will permanently suspend the device until the user
echoes "on" or "auto" to this file.
    (Note that this is a simplification, since the value of the
power/wakeup file may allow the device to signal a remote wakeup.)

--
Regards,
Anil Nair