Re: Device Enumeration Failure

According to this link http://www.manualowl.com/m/Gigabyte/T1125N/Manual/208571?page=28 smart charge is responsible for charging devices connected to the usb port even when the notebook is asleep.

On 05/24/2012 08:46 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012, Gerhard Thomas wrote:

I found one way to activate the touch screen:

- On computer start press F2 to enter the BIOS setup

- under Main set 'User SETUP Options' to 'advanced'

- under Advanced go to Onboard Device Configuration and set
'SmartCharge' to 'Always Off'

I assume that changing that option lessens the power efficiency of the
computer.
Windows 7 is still able to use the touch screen with the 'SmartCharge'
enabled and linux and other windows versions don't.
Maybe Windows 7 turns SmartCharge off when it boots, and then turns it
back on when needed.

Booting with a UBCD that is windows xp I receive the very same picture
as in linux. So to say if SmartCharge is Off the screen is found and if
SmartCharge is enabled the screen is not found.
Is there any description (in the manual, for example) of what
SmartCharge is or what it does?

Alan Stern