Re: mouse and keyboard hangs in linux-next

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:46:09AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Ok, I just duplicated this, and logged into it remotely to get the
> > > information and not touch the keyboard.
> > >
> > > Attached is the dmesg, and the ehci debugfs files.
> > >
> > > The trackball isn't showing any movements on the screen, yet if I move
> > > it, the ball lights up so it is trying to do something (i.e. it's
> > > getting power.)
> > >
> > > I'll leave it like this for now for a few hours, have to go out at the
> > > moment, so I can try to do any needed tests.
> > >

> > It may be similar with the problem I met with usb-hub (periods transfer abnormal)
> > at linux-next tree.
> >
> > http://marc.info/?t=133727396500042&r=1&w=2
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I've reverted that patch and let's see if it
> solves the issue for me or not...

Ok, this seems to have solved the problem for me.

Alan, I'm going to revert 3d9545cc375d117554a9b35dfddadf9189c62775
(EHCI: maintain the ehci->command value properly), your as1543 patch, if
you don't mind, as we are running out of time for the 3.5 merge window
(I'd like to close my tree by the end of today given the immanent 3.4
release.)

thanks,

greg k-h