Re: Device Enumeration Failure

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No.  If your guess was right then no full/low-speed device would work
> on that laptop, whereas obviously they do.  For example, the mouse
> wheel was detected normally.
>
> The Windows screenshot showed that the touchscreen was plugged into a
> hub, and the port status data from that hub under Linux showed the port
> was not getting a connect signal (no D+ pullup).

Sir, Why this difference from Windows to Linux?. I was in the belief
that most of the devices work under Linux.
Are you saying that some form of system call is required to connect
the device to the USB Bus? In Windows the Device is connected to the
USB Bus; Then why this difference in working? Does the touchscreen
controller has to do anything in this? Or the USB Bus?  Sorry for the
misunderstanding earlier.......:).

--
Regards,
Anil Nair