Re: mouse and keyboard hangs in linux-next

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 04:13:25PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Dan Carpenter wrote:

> > > Then the best way to proceed is to get a usbmon trace of a hang.
> > >

> > Attached.
> >
> > I logged in over ssh when the mouse was hung and I put a
> > "<---  hangs here." marker in the file where the hang occured before
> > I pressed a key.
>
> This looks like nothing is wrong in the software.  Maybe the problem is
> in the Logitech hardware somewhere.
>
> Do the mouse and keyboard work reliably under
> older kernels?  If they do, can you bisect to find the cause?

Yeah.  I downgraded to the old kernel and it seems to be working
fine.  I don't have a reliable way to reproduce it unfortunately so
git bisecting it is tricky.

Sometimes the keyboard gets locked up and I move the mouse around to
unstick it.  In that case it seems like there is normally one
character in the buffer.  A couple times I was backspacing and it
just started chewing through my text until I touched the mouse.

> Alan Stern
>
> P.S.: It appears that device 7 is a keyboard, in spite of what your
> device listing shows.

Yeah.  I'm not sure why it was showing up as 7.  I collected a
couple more hang traces and it shows up as 3.

regards,
dan carpenter