Re: The corner case for USB remote wakeup

Dear Chen Peter-B29397,

> > Or

> > per

> > > Just confirm with IC guys, one phy for one port.
> >
> > Sure, but in general too ?
>
> I think so, as there can be portsc[n], each portsc stands for individual
> phy's state.

> > but

> > modem

> > > All i.mx SoCs has one port, including mxs.
> >
> > So, how can the above scenario happen?
>
> Marek, you may need to read whole thread to understand the potential corner
> case at i.mx (maybe the same for other chipidea controllers) SoC.

I was going through it to some extent ... I think I have some idea about the
problem. So you're discussing general case, correct?

> The potential corner case occurs at 3G triggers resume when the phy is
> entering low power mode.
>
> We have some discussion at FSL internal, there can be backdoor at host
> driver if we use otg manages phy framework and this issue really occurs in
> future. So, please go on your USB work on i.mx28 with Sascha's suggestion,
> thank you!

Don't worry about it, this is being worked on. Can you continue reviewing these
patches? Thank you ;-)

> > Best regards,
> > Marek Vasut

Best regards,