Re: Webcam stops other USB devices (ehci_hcd: HC died; cleaning up)

Hi Alan,

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 15:05 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Anton Alekseev wrote:
>
> > Alan, I've applied your patch to 3.1.5 and it seems that some troubles fixed.
> > HCI doesn't die now even with too small audio latencies (died without
> > this patch).
> > Will continue testing.
>
> Michael and Anton:
>
> Below is a revised version of the original patch (it's actually a
> combination of several patches that I intend to submit, assuming they
> work okay).  The patch is based on the 3.3 kernel, but with a little
> hand-editing it ought to work with earlier or later versions too.  I'd
> appreciate any testing you can do.
>
> Geoff, I removed the changes we added to accomodate the PS3.  I think
> the driver will work okay without them, but you may see the warning
> message added in ehci_poll_PSS() more often than you want.  If
> necessary we can modify that routine to avoid logging the warning on
> the PS3, or we could make it a one-time message.

I tested your patch applied to v3.4-rc4 on PS3, but unfortunately,
USB does not work with it.

With a keyboard and mouse connected I see the keyboard LEDs flash at
startup, and the dmesg is comparable to without your patch, but once
the system is started the keyboard and mouse don't work.

I'll do some more work on it and report.

-Geoff