Re: mx35, gadget, fsl_usb2_udc: link breaks down

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 05:28:41PM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:

> >> After some read while write testing I get the trace below.
> >
> > Is this reproducible? If you run your test several times, does it
> > always crash at the same address?
> >
> > If no, follow your broken-hardware theory. Another possibility could
> > be an error in DMA handling, which can also lead to more or less
> > random memory corruption.
>
> FWIW, I second this opinion. Especially as the trace seems totally
> unrelated to the USB function in question. A memory corruption can be
> tricky to find, but it would well explain the effects you see.

After applying this patch [1] g_mass_storage seems to be stable, but the
"ping-test" for g_ether still fails.

[1]  NFS: check for req==NULL in nfs_try_to_update_request cleanup
     http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=trondmy/nfs-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f30fb85b7d4bf18f6b89ea64dca632ecadf9279a

Trond, I can't find this patch neither in linux-next nor rc2, is
there something wrong with it?

> A first step could be to disable DMA for the USB controller and see if
> that helps.

Would you still recommend testing without DMA?

Thanks,
 -- Christoph