Re: [RFC/PATCH] usb: host: xhci: don't re-enable IE constantly

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:14:46AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 10:16:16AM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 08:10:44AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > > That was a bug in 3.4-rc1, it is now fixed in Linus's tree.
> >
> > Any chance you can pull linus' tree into your usb-linus branch?  That
> > will make testing these bug fix patches easier.
>
> My branch right now is at 3.4-rc1 with no patches on it.  That doesn't
> stop you from putting your patches on whatever you want right now for
> testing.  You can always rebase when sending to me if needed.  I'm not
> going to be able to get to any patches until Monday, so there's no rush.

Ok, I've pushed an updated branch that's based on the HEAD commit of
Linus' master branch.  Please re-test, and hopefully you won't run into
any non-xHCI related hangs.

Elric, I'll take a closer look at your USB 3.0 device oops on Monday.
Any chance you can use git bisect to figure out which patch caused the
warning?  I'm wondering if it's related to some SCSI core changes, or
perhaps it's caused by the ring expansion patches?

Sarah Sharp