Re: Setting a HID report via an interrupt transfer.

[quoted lines by Greg KH on 2012/04/05 at 17:40 -0700]

>It does matter,

Then my question becomes how is it to be done for the CP2110?

>what's wrong with using the in-kernel driver for this device?

One reason is that the /dev/ttyUSBn path isn't predictable. Even if it's made
predictable on Linux, it still mightn't be on other platforms.

>You shouldn't have to mess with usbfs or HID reports or
>anything else like this at all, it should all "just work" for you.

Yes, in theory, that's correct. The problem is, however, that this code must
work on many platforms (e.g. we're now working on making it even work within
grub) so it's just far easier, from my perspective, to have a generic layer of
basic USB operations which works everywehre, and then to use that.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html