Re: usbrsa: dead lock usbrsa_write/usbrsa_write_room

Hello Johan

> What kind of device are we talking about? And what speeds?
usb-to-serial based on an AN2131Q (Eazy USB) and a ST16C550(UART).
Speed is up to 460,8 kBaud

> You really should try to use the generic write before implementing your
> own.
The generic write function works as well. I have not tested at high speeds
though. The generic write function however has no way of knowing the current
fill level of the tx buffer (EP3IN provides the available bytes in tx queue, and
bytes received and stored into rx queue). And besides that, where is the
challenge in using the generic  function ? :-)

> See "man termios" and make sure canonical mode is disabled and
> VMIN and VTIME set according to your needs.
Thanks for pointing me to that -- I had overlooked that VMIN and VTIME can also
be set by stty. I will give it a shot.

Tilman