Re: xHCI not waking up after S3 Resume on Ivybridge

On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:57 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 09:52:28AM -0400, Tom Goetz wrote:
>>

>>> Why were you posting there in particular?  You're much more likely to
>>> get your USB questions answered on this mailing list. :)
>>
>> I'm concerned that this may be a bug in the Xen PVOPs MSI code. To that end I've posted updates on xen-devel here:
>>
>> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00904.html
>> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00727.html
>> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00978.html
>
> Does the xHCI host work fine without Xen?  I.e. running Linux directly
> as the host OS, suspending, resuming, and then plugging in a device?

It works in Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 with Linux 3.2.0. So it's either broken between 3.2.0 and 3.2.5 or it's broken in Xen. I haven't made a direct comparison yet. I'm putting Ubuntu on my SDP now to test that.

>> The con to that theory is that EHCI is also a MSI and works.
>
> Are you sure EHCI is using MSI?  ISTR that it's using legacy PCI IRQs...

Your right. I'm not sure why I thought it was MSI. My notes don't support that.