usbserial_generic disconnecting sporadic

hello,
i am using the usbseriel_generic driver in a 2.6.35.9 kernel with a arm
at91samg20 target.
this works fine but now from time to time i have a USB disconnect which
is documented in my syslog without any other information.
the only thing in initialisation which is not clear to me is the
following message:

usbserial_generic 1-1.1:1.0: Generic device with no bulk out, not allowed.
usbserial_generic: probe of 1-1.1:1.0 failed with error -5
usbserial_generic 1-1.1:1.1: generic converter detected
usb 1-1.1: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0

i cannot find any documentation to this error -5

could someone please give me a hint what this means and whether this could
be the reason for my disconnectings.
is there a possibility to get more information from the driver what the
reason for a disconnect is?

Alfred