Re: [RFC v3] USB: Warn about USB3 devices plugged into USB2 hub.

On 02/22/2012 09:55 AM, Andiry Xu wrote:
+static void check_superspeed(struct usb_hub *hub, struct usb_device
*udev,
+        int port1)
+{
+    if (udev->bos&&   udev->bos->ss_cap) {

&&  udev->bos->ss_cap->wSpeedSupported&  cpu_to_le16(USB_5GBPS_OPERATION)

This is probably over protective as I don't know how realistic it is to
make a device without this bit set.

I have question about this. The wSpeedsSupported field description says
"Bitmap encoding of the speed supported by this device when operating in
SuperSpeed mode." Does this mean the field may be different if the
device is connected via a HS cable or to the EHCI host?

Hmmm, I think not. It says which speeds are available once you operate
in SS. I think the purpose is to inform you while you operate in HS
behind ehci that you *could* use these speeds if you are plugged into a
SS port.
On the gadget side we set all speeds once the gadget supports super
speed. If it does not, we do not return a BOS descriptor at all.

Sebastian