Re: USBTMC/USB488 check if data available

hi,

so what has been your success with using standard SCPI and IVI-COM drivers in
.NET?  by converting the oem PDF programmer guides into text files then provide
user controls to parse out commands and save/recall command sequences, i have
created a template based approach to control.  However, I do concur that it is
difficult to deal with the system level switches, but necessary handshaking in a
given system, i.e. *OPC\*OPC?, *WAI, BUSY? and other related status flags seems
to work.   I am experimentally coming up with what actually works and what does
not work on any given test instrument; build several test cases and let it run;
if port fails, perform taskkill and restart that process. it is going to be more
effective to find out what really works under given set of conditions then doing
it any other way.  Then comes to mind is creating your own instrument simulator
AND possibly your own microcontroller based instrument with your own command set
using USBTMC/USB488.  since this was released way back in 2002, is it considered
to be an out of date standard?  I don't see too much online about it these days.

Cheers

Ron