Re: device attached to USB 3.0 hub port doesn't respond address device command after resume

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:59:48PM +0800, Elric Fu wrote:
> 2012/2/16 Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 09:10:18PM +0800, Elric Fu wrote:
> >> I tried 3.3.0-rc3 and the issue occurred too. I modified the patch for merging
> >> initialization and reset paths according to what Alan said. It can fix
> >> the issue.
> >
> > Thanks Elric!  Can you elaborate on this patch description a bit, and
> > describe the problem, which device it occurred with, and our analysis of
> > what we should have done (i.e. set the hub depth after a reset).  Then
> > I'll queue the result for stable.
> >

> Thank you very much! It is the first time I send a patch. So I wanna
> ask a noobly
> question about the situation.

Great!  I'm glad you're submitting patches. :)

> Is you mean that I can use git send-email command
> to send the patch to you and linux-usb adhere to Documentation/SubmittingPatches
> likes those patches you released now?

Sure, you can use the git send-email command.  I prefer to use the git
format-patch command instead, like so:

$ git commit -v -s -a
$ git format-patch -o /tmp/ --cc="linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" HEAD^
$ mutt -H /tmp/0001*

and then put my email address in the to field.

It really helps me to see the full patch in mutt before I send it out,
but I know some people like git send-email better.  Either way works.

You probably want to put Alan Stern's email in a Cc line in the patch
(below your Signed-off-by line), since he had specific comments about
the right way to fix this.  I usually manually add Acked-by lines when
someone on the patch Cc list says the final patch is OK.  It's easy to
do when I need to add things like which stable kernel this needs to
apply to.

Sarah Sharp