Re: xHCI debugging enable

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 12:08:18PM +0000, shashank chaturvedi wrote:

> Hi Sarah,

It helps if you actually send the email to me, along with sending it to
the list.  Otherwise it doesn't get filtered into the right folders. :)

>      After installing the custom kernel 3.1.0+ to support usb3.0 xhci
> debugging,problem occur.

Why 3.1 in particular?  I would recommend the latest stable kernel,
3.2.4 instead.

>        when I do lsusb on terminal it show me multiple root hub port of 2.0
> which support xhci_hcd and when i attach my device then it not shows my device
> description in  " lsusb -vvv"...

So you plugged a device into an xHCI host controller and it doesn't show
up when you run lsusb?  What kind of USB device is it?  Does the device
work under your EHCI host controller ports?  What kind of system are you
running?

>     how to resolve this issue

Please send me the output from running `sudo lspci -vvv`.  Also, send me
the dmesg output from the very beginning of your system boot, including
when you tried to plug in the USB device.

Next, recompile your kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and
CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING turned on.  Reboot, try plugging in your
USB device, and then send me the dmesg from the very beginning of boot.

Sarah Sharp