USB Gudget: How to alloc memory from customized area

Hi All,

I have a scenario where my usb device can access only a particular area of DDR.

So  it is something like that CPU is able to access all DDR but USB
device only to
a particular are.

Normally we allocate memory for buffer using kmalloc. Is it possible
to allocate memory
using some other API, which can provide memory from desired location.

One way could be to associate custom memory with the struct device and then
use dma_alloc_coherent to allocate it.

Any other way which might be more suitable?

Regards
Pratyush