Re: Can't suspend while IR receiver is plugged in

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, Konstantin Svist wrote:

> I'm confused, too ;)
> 1 Yes, the dongle's sysfs happens to be 3-1 on both machines most of the
> time. It changes if I re-plug it into a different port, but I'm just
> trying to simplify it here.
> 2 Problematic machine (a.k.a. my HTPC) wakes up on ambient light and on
> "power" button from remote
>

> Now that I'm using kernel 3.2, I've got bigger problems:
> * Laptop suspends fine but doesn't wake from the dongle. I've checked
> that /sys/bus...wakeup is enabled - but no reaction. If I boot to 3.1.9
> the old behavior comes back (wake on any dongle remote's keypress)

I don't know what would cause that.  Bisection is probably the best way
to find out.

> * The HTPC doesn't even want to suspend as long as /sys/bus...wakeup is
> enabled for the dongle. It resumes instantly and wakeup setting is set
> to "disabled"

Did you disable wakeup for the USB host controller device, i.e.,
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb3/../power/wakeup?

If the dongle sends a wakeup request when it isn't enabled for wakeup
then it is malfunctioning.

Have you tried testing it with runtime suspend?  You can do this by:

	echo auto >/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/control
	echo 0 >/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/bConfigurationValue

It will help if your kernel has CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled.  The dmesg
log should contain entries showing what happens when you issue these
commands.

Alan Stern