Re: ftdi_sio occasionally hangs in close()

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Ross Ryles wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ross, can
> > you run a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled? �Then when the hang
> > occurs, go into /sys/kernel/debug/usb/ohci/0000:00:02.0 and post copies
> > of the files in there.
>
> I guess those files won't be persistent across a reboot?

Not only are they not persistent across a reboot, they change from
moment to moment!  They contain descriptions of the current state of
the controller hardware and the driver's data structures.

>  If not it
> cold be difficult to get copies of them after the system hangs.  I'll
> have a go when I get home in about 3 hours.

I thought only ftdi_sio and the program using it was hanging -- not
your entire system.  You could copy the debugging files from a separate
window or even using an ssh connection.

Alan Stern