RE: Latest testusb.c, with my additions... While opening usbtest, what device should be opened?!

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Stojsavljevic, Zoran wrote:

> Hello Greg,
>
> Here are my comments.
>
> The kernel I am using from its Makefile:
> VERSION = 2
> PATCHLEVEL = 6
> SUBLEVEL = 34
> EXTRAVERSION = .10
> NAME = Sheep on Meth
>
> Why do you think the version of this kernel is outdated. I don't think so!?
>
> The device on USB address 7 went away, but it came back upon new registration and numeration, as device 8 (/proc/bus/usb/002/008). So the original conditions are very true/correct. Please, do note that I ran with:
> ./testusb -a  -t 0
>
> Yes, I am trying to reach on target platform g_printer device, for
> some reason I am not able to register g_zero on target (enumeration
> process fails). But g_printer behaves very correctly. It should work
> also with g_printer, as my understanding is.

testusb should work with g_printer, but that's not the important point
here.  g_zero is a much simpler driver than g_printer; if it doesn't
work on your target then something is seriously wrong.  You should
debug that problem first before worrying about testusb.

Also, you don't have to modify the usbtest driver at all.  All you need
to do is load it with the command:

	modprobe usbtest vendor=0525 product=a4a8

Then it should automatically bind to your printer gadget.  You ought to
be able to see this in /proc/bus/usb/devices after plugging the target
into the host (usbtest should be listed as the driver).

Alan Stern