Re: Designware USB OTG driver upstream questions

Hi,

20.01.2012 10:40, Tien Hock Loh:
Hi Olof,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm still new to this, but from your experience, is there still an acceptable chance of the existing driver to get accepted?
We're trying to evaluate the best way to get this integrated, without spending time into working on things that is less valuable. Yes, the code might not get "any worse" by doing refactoring on it, but I might just bite the bullet and rewrite if the code has too slim chances of getting integrated.

The main thing is that I seek is both yours and Greg's opinion on how much potential you see in the current patch/code, since you're the go to guy to Linux USB. If there's not much potential in the current code, I will talk to my colleagues and potentially rewrite the code, after some planning I do with my colleagues.

If you do, please make sure that your new code will also be usable for other (existing or future) devices with the same dwc otg core (there are many, various platforms), so that all slightly different versions of dwc otg driver could finally be dismissed in favor of a single unified version.

Thank you.
Nikolai

Thanks again.