Re: Questions about Linux USB Serial Gadget driver

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Matthias Wieloch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some issues with USB device driver fort he AT91SAM9263
> microcontroller. I'm using Kernel 2.6.38 provided by buildroot 2011.08 and
> it work well on the evaluation board (AT91SAM9263-EK) but now I'm facing
> problems with my own board design.
> As a first step I wanted to force my board to use low speed USB with a
> pull-up resistor but that resulted in kernel errors on boot up.
>
> Is there a way to force low speed within the USB serial gadget driver?

No.  The serial gadget driver does not support low speed, because it
relies on bulk endpoints.

> Changing "udc->gadget.speed = USB_SPEED_FULL;" to USB_SPEED_LOW within the
> IRQ function in at91_udc.c only changed the text shown on console when I
> connect the board to a host PC.

at91_udc.c doesn't support low-speed operation either.  You can see
this if you look at the at91_probe() routine, which talks about a D+
pullup but not D- and which sets various maxpacket sizes to 64, not 8.

Alan Stern