Re: UAS gadget based on target

On 01/13/2012 10:49 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

Hi Nichilas,

I think this code looks OK for an initial merge into lio-core/master as
the remaining v3.3 pending patches go upstream.

Okay. I'm going to send a v2 which also supports v2 which supports the
BOT protocol.

So the next step is to add a /var/target/fabric/uasp.spec so this code
can be used immediately by rtslib/targetcli.  (jxm CC'ed)

The README for this is available here:

http://www.risingtidesystems.com/git/?p=rtslib.git;a=blob;f=specs/README;hb=HEAD

# cat /var/target/fabric/uasp.spec
# WARNING: This is a draft specfile supplied for testing only.

# The fabric module feature set
features = nexus

# Use naa WWNs.
wwn_type = naa

# Non-standard module naming scheme
kernel_module = tcm_usb_gadget

# The configfs group
configfs_group = usb_gadget

Okay. I'm going to check that out and take a look.

I believe I addressed all comments which came up on my last RFC. I still
have one static tpg because it exposes the gadget framework limitation.
Once we extend the gadget framework for multi udc support this limitation
can go away.

So I assume this will be addressed before an mainline merge, yes..?

The static tpg assignment can't be fixed until the config interface for
the gadget subsystem is reworked. We have also serial / network / ...
gadgets and there can be only _one_ used at the same time which are
configured but a bunch of modprobe parameters. So this is nothing that
can be fixed easily.
Btw: it is possible since one or two releases to compile more than one
UDC (the driver which talks to the usb gadget) at the same time. This
was not possible earlier as well. We take one little step at a time :)

--nab

Sebastian