Re: UAS support for hcd without sg support

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:03:54PM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 01/09/2012 07:50 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
>
> >Even in the case where the BoT interface is the first alt setting, the
> >UAS driver could race against the BoT driver and claim the device first.
> >So I think a necessary patch would be to check for SG support in the UAS
> >probe function and fail it if the host doesn't have SG support.  Then
> >the BoT driver will just take over.
>
> Could you please test [0] and make sure it finds no sg_support? :)
>
> [0] http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=132613309425744&w=2

yes, that should do the trick and a runtime flag is better than a
preprocessor directive. Although I would prefer an accessor method:

static inline int usb_bus_supports_sg(struct usb_bus *bus)
{
	return bus->sg_tablesize > 0;
}

or something similar. Maybe it's just a matter of taste...

--
balbi