Re: coping with poor usb implementations

Ah, a Rumsfeld scenario. Very gracious: thanks. Here's:
a/ a file created by listening on wireshark to the usb 2.0 bus starting the night before, stopping after the interactions ceased and confirming that the Inverter was not working, even with XP: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10589123/usbBus2OvernightConnectionWillNotRecoverWithXpCannotFindSerialNumberOnAnyAddress

b/ for comparison, a wireshark monitoring session spanning connecting to the Inverter when already booted: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10589123/usbBus2AsPviConnected

If it's of any value, I can try to grab a suitable xp tool to get the interaction on that box. USBlyzer looked the most suitable to me (http://bit.ly/zrPuLA)

Tim