Re: ohci, hub TUSB2046B, AT91SAM9G20 problem

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 06:55:36PM +0100, j.uzycki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>I have got "almost ready" 2.6.30.10 linux kernel for Atmel's
> >>AT91SAM9G20 CPU.
> >
> >You do realize just how many years old, and obsolete that kernel
> >version
> >is, right?
> >
> >Just checking...
>
> You are right, I know. As I wrote the latest kernel version does not
> guarantee of stable system and generates a lot of work again
> especialy in case of embedded systems (runs slower, kernel/drivers
> tasks/interrupts race appears).

What do you mean?  That the 3.2 kernel has problems for you?  What
specific ones?  If you don't work to get them fixed, then you will be
stuck with these problems for forever :)

> If I had easy choice I would use at least 2.6.33 embedded-stable
> version. The kernel was patched a lot for the CPU and other drivers
> (back-compatibility issue). For example compat-wireless was used for
> WIFI stack update. Is there something similar for USB tree?

No, not at all, sorry.

> In case of x86/PC or other well known arch computer problems I would
> check the last kernel firstly of course.

There should not be any difference for any other processor.  If so,
please work to resolve those issues.

> So I still hope for solution using 2.6.30.10.

I think you are on your own here, sorry.  There's nothing the community
can do with such an old and obsolete kernel version.

good luck,

greg k-h