ohci, hub TUSB2046B, AT91SAM9G20 problem

Hello.

I have got "almost ready" 2.6.30.10 linux kernel for Atmel's AT91SAM9G20 CPU. The mainboard has one port connected directly to USB device and the second port connected to TI's TUSB2046B USB hub.

The problem is:
CDC-ACM modem (Motorola G24) connected to 9g20 usb port directly works fine but connected thru tusb2046b hub some data are lost (instead of AT echo I sometimes get A or T only) and another time I got input/output error. The test script uses chat, cycled: open ttyACM0 port, send AT and wait for OK, close the port. When I compiled the kernel with usb debug option I got (only during communication thru the hub) at91_ohci cc 5 -> status -62 (ETIME) error. Now I am going to use usbmon and I started to learn USB low level protocol.

I also found the hub's errata http://www.ti.com/lit/er/sllz051/sllz051.pdf and some codes:
http://www.clearchain.com/blog/posts/resetting-the-usb-bus-under-linux
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb-users&m=116827193506484&w=2
However my modem is detected properly. Therefore usb port reset seems another problem solution.

Can you give me any advice/clue/tip?

I don't want to update the kernel. According to my experience it does not guarantee of stable system and generates a lot of work again.

I used:
- 2.6.30 vanilla linux kernel
- the patch from http://maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/2.6/2.6.30-at91.patch.gz - the patch from http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/LinuxKernel, 2.6.30-at91-exp.4.patch
- (after problem detection, not helped) 2.6.30.10 patch

best regards
Janusz Uzycki