Re: xHCI USB 3.0 Query

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 12:04:30PM -0800, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 01:38:22PM -0000, TusharK wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I cam across this site http://sarah.thesharps.us/usb3 and hence asking
> > below questions.
> >
> > I am working on an SoC which has DW USB3.0 IP inside it. I was
> > searching for the platform driver support for xHCI in linux kernel but
> > I could not find it. I also checked over the internet and found that
> > there has some work done already and new file xhci_plat.c is created
> > which supports platform USB3.0 device.
>
> Are you using the Synopsis DesignWare controller in device mode or host
> mode?
>
> > Could you please help me in this regards to find out xhci_plat.c file?
> > Why this has not been added to kernel tree? Is there any plan to add
> > it in the kernel tree? Can I use this file as it is for DW (Design
> > Ware) USB3.0 IP?
>
> I've been working with Felipe to make sure the DesignWare xHCI host
> controller can be used with the in-kernel driver.  Honestly, I've
> forgotten where we were in that process, but I'm sure Felipe knows. :)

Host support will be added for 3.4 merge window. We still have to
address some of Sarah's comments to the original patchset and that's why
it didn't go on 3.3 merge window.

If you really, really need host mode, you can go over the mailing list
archives, fetch the original patch from Sebastian, fix Sarah's comments,
test on your platform and send a v2 of the patch. When doing so, please
mention which platform and which RTL revision you're using so we can
keep track of which RTL versions have been tested on which SoCs.

--
balbi