Re: PROBLEM: USB 1.1 (and up) not working on AMD R900 Series chipset

On 21-12-11 10:22, Xu, Andiry wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: linux-usb-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-usb-
owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oliver Schinagl
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:52 PM
To: linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: USB 1.1 (and up) not working on AMD R900 Series
chipset

A while ago I wrote this list with the below quoted message. I was
referred to the linux-acpi list and after submitting some information
on
request by Bjorn there has been no solution since. Just before the
bugzilla died, I did submit a ticket there, but it seems the bugzilla
won't be back for time to come.

Meanwhile I found that Tomi Orava had also some issue with USB on the
same motherboard [1], but actually got it working just fine. I am not
sure if he was running 64bit or an 32bit kernel but did notice a
comment
about the r8169 module requiring use_dac=1, which is the same issue I
have, but only on the 64bit kernel.

Is there meanwhile anything else I can look at. I've become somewhat
used of having no USB on my PC for all this time, but do start to miss
it at times.

P.S. linux-acpi list didn't think that there was a routing issue with
IRQ's, or at least that's how I understood it.

Thanks for your time and help,

oliver

I do remember Tomi Orava updated BIOS for his motherboard and resolved
all the strange USB issues he had.
Have you tried update BIOS?
I should have mentioned this, but yes, I've updated the bios a few months ago and even fixed my dsdt to compile without any errors or warnings. That said, I saw there is a new bios update available which I will flash the moment I get home from work tonight :)

Thanks,
Andiry

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/54928/match=