Re: Kernel panic in cdc_acm / acm_tty_hangup / tty_port_hangup

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:21, Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2011, 00:42:40 schrieb Thilo-Alexander Ginkel:
>> Ok, so we can hopefully rule this out s a source of any problems.
>>
>> Is there any chance of acm_probe and acm_tty_hangup running
>> concurrently on resume? That's one combination where I see the
>> possibility of port and / or its lock being in an temporarily
>> inconsistent state, which is not guarded by another lock.
>
> USB core guarantees mutual exclusion between probe(), suspend()
> and resume()

Ok. I also tried whether extending the mutex in acm_tty_hangup to also
cover tty_port_hangup helps, but it did not. What I noticed, though,
that in close proximity to the Oops an usb unregister event for my
WWAN modem happens. Details of the respective backtrace are available
at:
  http://ubuntuone.com/1ZFEa1TJSDxYLRbdmWW2Yy

Sorry, just a JPEG, netconsole does not seem to work that early during
the wakeup. The Oops output is slightly altered to drop the registers
output and second Oops as it will not fit on screen otherwise.

Any hints where to continue debugging are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Thilo