Re: [RFC 5/6] target/cdb: Do not support command queues

* Alan Stern | 2011-12-08 15:37:07 [-0500]:

>Sounds like a bug in the host driver.  Or rather, two bugs: It should
>use proper tags and queuing, and it should be able to find the tags it
>uses.
I'm dropping this patch. I've seen that Sarah posted a patch for this
issue. So much for assuming that this worked on HS before...

>> After looking at the uasp v1 spec I find this:
>> | When the command is complete, the device responds to the IN (Stat) with
>> | a DATA (Stat, SIU). The SIU contains
>> | the tag of the CIU.
>>
>> This would mean that the host side is doing it wrong. I could change
>> that part and see how it goes. But, what do we do if the folks in
>> Redmond get it wrong?
>
>If you've got a UAS driver for Windows, try hooking it up to a gadget
>running your driver.
>
>As far as I know, Microsoft hasn't released any UAS drivers yet.
>There may be one in the current pre-release version of Windows 8.
>
>If necessary, perhaps you can tell the host that you don't support
>queued commands.  Or rather, perhaps you can tell the target layer to
>inform the host.

I see. As of now I don't have any hardware for testing so I will worry
once something broken will be reported :)

>By the way, do you know whether the target layer supports
>removable-media emulation?

I think it does not. The RMB bit in INQUIRY is not set[0]. START_STOP and
ALLOW_MEDIUM_REMOVAL are simple nops. So wiring those two up would be
required. Adding / removing luns at runtime shouldn't be a problem.

[0] it is set only for TYPE_TYPE which seem to be possible if you bypass
    a scsi device.

>Alan Stern

Sebastian