Re: AMD SB7xx ehci stall with SMSC hub+ SD cardreader

On 06.12.2011 09:40, Andiry Xu wrote:
On 12/06/2011 01:19 AM, Sancho Dauskardt wrote:
[...]
There is a known issue on SB700 with usb hub, see commit b09bc6cb "USB:
fix SB700 usb subsystem hang bug".

Other than that, I'm not aware of any SB700 EHCI issues involved with
USB hub.

Yes, we've gone through all the eratta and tried around, but thanks.

What also really bugs me, is that the hub between the root-hub and usb-storage device really makes a difference. Monitoring the link between hub and root hub never showed any bad packets but still there is packet loss upstream with the hub and none without.

Could the hub be changing the timing in some minor way that breaks the root hub ?

Back from the uhci days i remeber all sorts of strange "babble" issues. Do ehci's report this properly ?

Is there any way of creating a long delay between acesses to different devices ? i.e. some sort of scheduling pause.

- sda