Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] usb: gadget: introduce support for sg lists

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> > 255 requests including 255 additional interrupts to notify about the
> > completion and not to forget the complete callbacks to the gadget.
>
> of course not, if no_interrupt is set, it means gadget driver will not
> receive the interrupt.

What you wrote isn't grammatically clear, and it's hard to tell exactly
what you meant here.  Gadget drivers do not receive interrupts in any
case, only UDC drivers do.  Gadget drivers _do_ receive completion
calls, and they are supposed to receive those calls regardless of
whether no_interrupt is set.  The purpose of no_interrupt is to tell
the UDC driver that a hardware IRQ isn't needed.

>  BTW, IOC should be set on our driver when
> no_interrupt is cleared. Currently we are bypassing that flag and
> interrupting always on the last request. That's a mis-use the gadget
> framework ;-)

no_interrupt is just a hint to the UDC driver.  It's okay for the
driver to ignore it and tell the hardware to interrupt when the request
is complete.

Alan Stern