Re: kernel 3.1 & SB700/SB800: No working usb devices

Quoting Andiry Xu <andiry.xu@xxxxxxx>:

On 11/08/2011 01:35 PM, Tomi Orava wrote:

Hi,

The USB 2.0 hub doesn't want to enumerate under EHCI.  -32 is -EPIPE,
which is a protocol error, maybe a stall?  In any case, it looks like
your hub is just not working.  Have you tried a different hub?  Or a
different cable to the hub?

I just wanted to verify that all the end devices are ok and working,
so I plugged the Cypress usb 2.0 hub & logitech web camera to
my lenovo laptop (standard log below) and everything is working just fine.
I'm currently using another logitech mouse via this hub.
Would it help to get more detailed usb debug log out of these devices
while connected to a host where they do work ?

Please try the patch attached, connect the hub to the USB2.0 ports on
your original board to see if it helps.

I'll test your patch later today after I get back to home.

What's the hub model? Cypress Tetrahub seems to be the chip model.

That's the problem. The hub is a "no-name" box with just a generic
"usb 2.0, 4 port hub" text on top. There is absolutely no manufacturer
and or product id's on this product. The chip id is the only thing that
gives any information about this box.

Regards,
Tomi Orava