usb-hcd: handling hot-device removal on the local bus side to the cpu

Hello,

I am working on a project where an usb host controller (isp1763-hcd) is placed on a hot-swappable module.
I know on the USB side it supports hot-swap by design. However when the module is disconnected, it is the cpu-local bus side that is disconnected (i.e. all access to the isp1763 register/memory space from the cpu is now undefined).
The CPU in this case is an MPC8360e and the hcd is on the local bus in GPCM mode.

My question is:

If an hcd wants to do damage-control in this mode and fake a message that says to the upper layer on the usb stack "whatever usb device that was connected to me is disconnected" what should it do? Essentially the method will mimic the electrical sequence that prints "usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 3" on the logs.

Thanks for everyone's time.

-- Richard Retanubun