Re: Issues with xHCI and USB 3.0

On 25/10/2011 10:34 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
Does that show the failure?  I don't see anything wrong in that
particular chunk of dmesg, just the USB device responding with a short
transfer, followed by the USB 2.0 bus getting suspended.  I don't see
any of the failures in your previous log file like

[ 1154.636273] xhci_hcd 0000:03:00.0: ERROR: unexpected command completion code 0x13.

You might also want to apply the attached patch that removes debugging
about scatter gather lists (since it's really not useful to me and it's
filling up the log).

Sarah Sharp

I believe it did show the error however I've applied the patch and can provide further detail now.

Firstly, this dmesg output should show from boot to when I connect the external drive chassis: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=EHd2t3ji

Then, just to be sure that I don't scroll away any useful data, I've taken another capture of dmesg after I've attempted to run 'parted' and apply a GPT partition to one of the disks: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=jBTkVZrq

During this process, parted complains about the disk being inaccessible.

As always, thanks for the help and please let me know if there's further data you need.

Cheers,

Matt.