Re: [Patch] Increase USBFS Bulk Transfer size

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Markus Rechberger wrote:

> HW engineers are checking the device again also with bus analyzer. I
> also end up that there
> must be some issue with the device as the other devices just work fine
> with bulk and small buffers.
> I'll see what will come up for that one. For the other device I wonder
> why the no interrupt flag doesn't
> seem to help, does a short transfer automatically trigger an interrupt
> when the device is set to use small buffers?

If the host controller receives a packet that is shorter than the
expected size then an interrupt will indeed be generated, even if the
URB_NO_INTERRUPT flag is set.  The device settings don't matter; all
that matters is the size of the packet received by the host.

For each packet, the expected size is the smaller of:

	the amount still left in the transfer, and

	the wMaxPacketSize value.

Assuming wMaxPacketSize is 512 (which it should be, for a high-speed
bulk endpoint), if the transfer length is 12288 or 11776 then the
expected packet size is always 512.

Alan Stern